REUSABLE Fabric Face Masks
Please Note: These are handmade REUSABLE FABRIC FACE MASKS. Not Medical Face masks.
For the time being we will be shipping and delivering local orders on Wednesdays.
Please read the full description before purchasing.
About Our Masks:
- All our masks are made from either new or recycled materials that were originally purchased for other products. We are trying to stick with our values and using what we have on hand first, but don't worry we are only using the fabrics best suited for masks.
- Our masks are made especially to fit larger faces. While the mask itself is the normal size (approx. 3.5"x7") we have made the elastic ear loops longer (approx. 8") to accommodate a bigger face. You can twist the ear loop once before putting it around your ear to tighten it up if it feels a little loose. The elastic is a soft flat elastic that allows for a more comfortable wearing experience. It is important to follow the directions from the CDC for how to properly wear a fabric mask.
- Each mask is made from two layers of fabric with a slot/pocket at the top edge to insert a filter (if you want to) and three pleats down the side. We've also put a soft wire in the nose area which allows you to form it to your face for a better fit. The side with the nose wire should be worn on the outside to prevent the inside later from gaping open.
- Our masks are made from machine washable fabrics but we suggest you put it in a delicates bag or wash by hand to prevent the elastic from getting damaged. The CDC also has specific directions on when to wash your mask, please follow them for your own safety. We also HIGHLY recommend that you wash your mask before wearing it for the first time.
- This is not our original pattern and there are a lot of different options available so I want to say a huge thank you to Onderbroeks for sharing this pattern from JadyBabys with me.
- Each of these masks is handmade by me (Danielle McAllister) in my home studio.
Using a fabric face mask will not prevent you from getting Covid-19. Public health officials have said that wearing fabric masks is to help protect those around you as much possible and can only be helpful when we maintain all other measures like proper hand washing and physical distancing. The CDC has provided a PDF on the proper procedure to put on and take off face masks. Please follow it for your own protection.
Each mask will be, pressed then packaged in to a sealed plastic sleeve (unfortunate but necessary). You should wash your mask BEFORE wearing it.
Local: We have local (within the Kingston, ON area) no contact delivery available at checkout.
Canada and International: We have opted to offer letter mail as an option for shipping to keep costs down, as well as limit person to person interaction, however with all postal systems being overwhelmed packages will take longer to arrive. To help you get your orders faster we will be offering tracked shipping as an option at checkout. This will cost more but is entirely your choice if you would like to upgrade. Orders will still be shipped every Friday.